The 4th Annual Pennzoil 400 Presented by Jiffy Lube Immerses Fans in a Las Vegas Motor Speedway Virtual Experience
March 1, 2021
NASCAR fans, start your search engines! Pennzoil is returning to Las Vegas Motor Speedway to host the 4th annual Pennzoil 400 presented by Jiffy Lube. This year, pre-race activities at the track take on a whole new look, with the Pennzoil Proving Grounds going virtual! Pennzoil is incorporating a virtual experience of Las Vegas Motor Speedway, inviting all fans to take part and explore more than a dozen virtual ‘hotspots’. The Pennzoil Virtual Proving Grounds allows fans to experience the Pennzoil 400 and Las Vegas Motor Speedway in ways not possible before, available for race fans around the world to access from the comfort of their homes.
Fans can access the Pennzoil Virtual Proving Grounds here or on the Las Vegas Motor Speedway website in their Virtual Fan Zone. It is recommended to access the Pennzoil Virtual Proving Grounds via a desktop computer using Chrome as the web browser.
The Pennzoil 400 presented by Jiffy Lube has been held at Las Vegas Motor Speedway since 2018, but this year will be a first with fans able to explore the track virtually!
With more than a dozen hotspots within the Pennzoil Virtual Proving Grounds, highlights include:
- Virtual Las Vegas Show: Fans can tune in to watch a previously recorded live show with many familiar Las Vegas faces! The variety show will include a performance from Shin Lim, a two-time America’s Got Talent champion and star of his own show at The Mirage in Las Vegas! Also headlining is Max Major, named Washington D.C.’s Best Performance Artist four years in a row and much more! Fans can view the show on Friday, March 5th.
- NASCAR Cup Series Car Walkabout with Larry McReynolds: America's Crew Chief take fans on a virtual walkabout of Joey Logano's #22 Shell-Pennzoil Ford Mustang NASCAR Cup Series car, demonstrating the important components of a car and its team.
- Shell Racing App: Fans can race incredible cars including the Shell Motorsports Collection on a variety of custom tracks! Users can race against one another or try and beat Joey Logano’s game time. The app is available for download now in the App Store and Play Store and is free to users.
- Create Your Own Track: Fans can design their own Pennzoil-branded racetrack inside the Shell Racing app. Customization includes the choice to build an extreme ‘Arcade’ track or speedy and smooth ‘Motorsport’ track. After designing, fans can then race around their newly created track.
- Planet Fitness® Workout: Fans can experience the desert heat and work up a sweat by participating in a Joey Logano-led Planet Fitness workout. Tune in to the LIVE workout on Tuesday, March 2nd at 7:00 PM EST. The workout will be available to access for fans at its designated hotspot after the workout concludes on Tuesday.
- Hauler Experience: Larry McReynolds will take fans on a virtual tour inside a Team Penske hauler to see how teams can bring their garage with them to every racetrack. Fans can see where the race cars are stored, the various storage for spare parts, the mobile office for the crews, and even the kitchen for meals on the road!
- Pennzoil National Promotion: Within the Pennzoil Virtual Proving Grounds, fans can choose to participate in the brand’s national promotion, where purchasers of Pennzoil Platinum® Full Synthetic motor oil are eligible to receive a $22 Shell Gift Card. The offer is valid through March 14, 2021 at participating locations. For more details on the promotion, please visit here.
Team Penske driver and current back-to-back Pennzoil 400 champion, Joey Logano, will return to Las Vegas Motor Speedway in his No. 22 Pennzoil Ford Mustang sporting a Pennzoil primary paint scheme while attempting to capture his third straight Pennzoil 400 victory. Meanwhile, teammate Ryan Blaney will pilot his No. 12 Ford Mustang Pennzoil/Menards co-primary paint scheme as the two look to punch their ticket to the 2021 NASCAR Cup Series Playoffs.
Team Penske drivers will have the cutting-edge technology of Pennzoil, the first synthetic motor oil made from natural gas, under their hood for unbeatable engine protection1 as the green flag waves for a 267-lap sprint to the finish line in the Nevada desert. Pennzoil engineers continuously work on the motor oil that goes into the race cars on the track. The Pennzoil 400 is just one example of how Pennzoil is able to innovate and support winning teams and drivers like Joey Logano and Team Penske. The on-track performance and data gained serve as a laboratory for the motor oil Pennzoil introduces for passenger cars, helping make sure that drivers get the most out of their vehicle.
1 Based on Sequence IVA wear test using SAE 5W-30
The Pennzoil Virtual Proving Grounds is accessible all week leading up to the Pennzoil 400. The Pennzoil 400 presented by Jiffy Lube is on Sunday, March 7th on FOX and the green flag waves at 12:30 PM PST.