WHAT DO THE GRADES MEAN?
Motor oils use a rating system developed by SAE, which is the Society of Automotive Engineers, to classify oil by viscosity. We’re all used to seeing designations like SAE 5W-30 or SAE 10W-30, so let’s talk about what they really mean.
For multi-grade viscosity motor oils, the cold-temperature viscosity is labelled with a “W,” which stands for “winter.” Thus, in an SAE 10W-30 motor oil, the “10” is the cold-temperature viscosity rating and the “30” is the high-temperature viscosity rating. This combination provides a motor oil that flows well at low temperatures, but still protects the engine at high temperatures.
For comparison’s sake, SAE 5W-30 and SAE 0W-30 will flow better at even lower temperatures than 10W-30 while still providing protection at high temperatures. Just remember, the “W” stands for winter.
Please refer to your owner’s manual or our Motor Oil Selector tool to ensure you are using the recommended motor oil for your vehicle.
Pennzoil® High Mileage Vehicle®
High Mileage Conventional Motor Oil
Next-generation Pennzoil® High Mileage Vehicle® motor oil helps clean out sludge lesser oils leave behind and helps reduce leaks and oil consumption in worn or higher mileage engines.1
Cleansing and Protection
Pennzoil® High Mileage Vehicle® is a Pennzoil® conventional motor oil that has been enhanced with a unique combination of special conditioning agents and additives to help stop leaks from seals and reduce the oil consumption that is typical of older, worn engines. It’s a motor oil that is specifically designed for new or late model vehicles with over 75,000 miles, to help keep the engines running clean and going strong a long time, month after month and year after year.
1Based on severe sludge clean-up test using SAE 5W-30. Engines over 75,000 miles.
Benefits of Pennzoil® High Mileage Vehicle® High Mileage Conventional Motor Oil
- No leading high mileage oil helps keep engines cleaner1
- No leading high mileage oil provides better wear protection2
- Backed by the Pennzoil® Lubrication Limited Warranty
1Based on Sequence VG sludge test using SAE 5W-30.
2Based on Sequence IVA wear test using SAE 5W-30.
Pennzoil® High Mileage Vehicle® High Mileage Conventional Motor Oil
Exceeds the requirements of the following industry specifications:
- Exceeds API SN and previous API categories
FREE coverage up to 10 years/300,000 miles
- Free warranty with purchase of any Pennzoil® motor oil
- Coverage up to 300,000 miles or 10 years (whichever is first) if you exclusively use Pennzoil Platinum®, Pennzoil Gold™, Pennzoil® High Mileage Vehicle® or Pennzoil® Conventional motor oil
- Easy to enroll
- Covers 15 critical engine parts
- Completely transferable to future owner
- Customized for each driver’s specific OEM recommended oil change schedule
- Offers convenient reminders when it’s time to change your motor oil