PENNZOIL® TRIVIA CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
OPEN TO ELIGIBLE LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES/ DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OR OLDER AND CANADIAN RESIDENTS (EXCLUDING RESIDENTS OF QUEBEC) WHO ARE THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN HIS/HER PROVINCE OR TERRITORY AS OF THE DATE OF ENTRY AND MEET THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS STATED BELOW.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT
WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: “Pennzoil® Trivia” (“Contest”) is open only to individuals who are legal residents of, and residing within, either: (a) the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia), are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry or (b) Canada (excluding Quebec) who are the age of majority in their province or territory at the time of entry (“Entrants”). Employees of Pennzoil Quaker State Company d/b/a SOPUS Products (“Sponsor”) and its parent, affiliates and subsidiaries, participating advertising and promotion agencies, including but not limited to Mercury Promotions & Fulfillment, Formula One Licensing BV (or any other Formula One group company), Ferrari S.p.A. and those entities involved in the preparation of materials for, administration and/or execution of this Contest (collectively “Contest Entities”) and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child or sibling) and/or those living in the same household (whether or not related) are ineligible. All federal, state, provincial, territorial, and local laws, rules and regulations applies.
2. CONTEST OVERIEW AND HOW TO ENTER THE CONTEST: The Contest starts on 10/21/16 at 11:00 am Central Time (“CT”) and ends 10/23/16 at 2:00 pm CT (the “Contest Period”). One (1) time on 10/21/16, two (2) times on 10/22, and three (3) times on 10/23 during the Contest Period, Sponsor will post a Formula 1 related question on the @Pennzoil Twitter account (the “Question(s)”). To participate, an Entrant must take the following steps:
- Follow @Pennzoil during the Contest Period and for a minimum of ten (10) days thereafter for notification purposes.
- Locate a Question and Tweet your reply that contains your answer to the applicable Question and include the hashtag #PennzoilPicks, Entrants have from the time the Questions are posted until the beginning of the applicable race that pertains to the Question to enter (“Entry Period”). There are a total of six (6) Entry Periods – one Entry Period for each Question. Limit: One (1) reply per person per Question.
The Questions that will be asked and times available for a participant to enter that particular trivia question are as follows:
a. 10/21 11:00 AM CST - 10/22 10:00 AM CST What will be Sebastian Vettel’s fastest qualifying lap time? Round answers to the nearest one hundredth of a second.
b. 10/22 10:30 AM CST - 10/22 1:00 PM CST What will be Kimi Raikkonen’s fastest qualifying lap time? Round answers to the nearest one hundredth of a second.
c. 10/22 4:00 PM CST – 10/22 8:00 PM CST What will be Sebastian Vettel’s fastest pit stop time? Round answers to the nearest one hundredth of a second.
d. 10/23 9:00 AM CST – 10/23 11:00 AM CST What will be Kimi Raikkonen’s fastest pit stop time? Round answers to the nearest one hundredth of a second.
e. 10/23 11:00 AM CST – 10/23 12:30 PM CST What will be Sebastian Vettel’s top speed in mph? Round answers to the nearest tenth.
f. 10/23 12:30 PM CST – 10/23 2:00 PM CST What will be Kimi Raikkonen’s top speed in mph? Round answers to the nearest tenth.
All Entrants who Tweet the correct answer to a Question using the hashtag #PennzoilPicks in his/her Tweet, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, during the respective Entry Period, will be entered into a random drawing to determine a potential winner (“Winner”) for each question. All determinations made by Sponsor are final and binding.
Message & Data Rates may apply to each message sent or received using a mobile device. Other charges may apply. Entrants should check their mobile plan for rates and other details. Once an answer to a Question has been entered into the Contest, it may not be deleted, edited or modified by Entrant.
3. RANDOM DRAWING: On or about October 26, 2016, Sponsor (or its authorized representative), will conduct a random drawing to randomly select one (1) potential Prize winner (collectively “Winner(s)”) for each Question, from among all of the eligible Entries with correct answers received during each of the Entry Periods. Sponsor will announce the winner immediately following the drawing for each applicable Question. Failure to promptly respond to Sponsor’s notification may result in forfeiture of the prize and selection of an alternate potential Winner.
4. PRIZES (8)/WINNER NOTIFICATION: Each “Prize” is a Scuderia Ferrari hat autographed by Sebastian Vettel or Kimi Raikkonen. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each Prize is $10 USD/ $13.39 CAD. Total ARV of all Prizes is $80 USD/ $105 CAD. Each potential Winner will be contacted either by a Direct Message to his/her Twitter Account or by a “Reply” to his/her winning entry.
For Canadian residents only: To be declared a Winner, the selected Winner must answer correctly without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical, electronic or otherwise, a mathematical skill-testing question posed by e-mail which must be answered correctly before a potential Winner is declared to be a Winner. The question will be sent to the selected Winner by a Direct Message to his/her Twitter Account.
If the selected Winner fails to correctly answer the question (Canadian residents only), is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules; or declines to accept the Prize; or Sponsor or administrator is unable to contact a potential Winner, the Prize will be forfeited, and the Sponsor may award the applicable Prize to an alternate Winner who was the next eligible Entrant to correctly answer the applicable Question. Each potential Winner may be required to furnish proof of identification and other proof of eligibility under these Official Rules.
Each Prize will be mailed to a Winner 2 - 4 weeks after the Winner’s eligibility has been confirmed. A Prize is not redeemable for cash nor is it transferable, assignable or substitutable, in whole or in part, except by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, with one of equal or greater value. Limit: Only one (1) Prize per household address.
Lost or stolen prizes will not be replaced. Prize does not include any other item or expense not specifically described in these Official Rules, and any such additional expenses are the sole responsibility of Winner. Prizes may not be transferred or assigned. Only listed prizes will be awarded and no other prizing or substitutions will be made except at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Winner agrees to accept the Prize "as is", and Entrants hereby acknowledge that Contest Entities have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Prize, including express warranties (if any) provided exclusively by a Prize supplier that are sent along with the Prize. Any valuation of the Prize stated above is based on available information provided to Sponsor and the value of any Prize awarded to a Winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes. Winner must provide Sponsor with a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded.
All federal, state, provincial, territorial, municipal and local taxes are the sole responsibility of each Winner. Any depiction of the Prize or any element thereof in promotional and advertising materials in connection with the Contest is for illustrative purposes only and may not be the actual Prize awarded.
5. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY/INTERNET: SPONSOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY TYPOGRAPHICAL, PRINTING, HUMAN OR OTHER ERROR INVOLVED OR RELATING TO THE ADMINISTRATION OF OR ASSOCIATED WITH THE CONTEST. THE SELECTION OF WINNERS OR THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE PRIZES. IN NO EVENT WILL MORE PRIZES BE AWARDED THAN ARE STATED IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES. ADDITIONALLY, SPONSOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ERRORS RESULTING IN OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATIONS OR TRANSMISSION, THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATIONS OF CONTEST MATERIALS, OR FOR TECHNICAL, NETWORK, TELEPHONE EQUIPMENT, ELECTRONIC, COMPUTER, HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE, TELEPHONE OR OTHER COMMUNICATIONS, INCOMPATIBILITY, MALFUNCTIONS OR LIMITATIONS OF ANY KIND, OR INACCURATE TRANSMISSIONS OF OR FAILURE TO RECEIVE INFORMATION BY SPONSOR ON ACCOUNT OF TECHNICAL PROBLEMS, LOST OR UNAVAILABLE NETWORK CONNECTIONS, TELEPHONE CONNECTIONS, WIRELESS DEVICE CONNECTIONS OR TRAFFIC CONGESTION ON THE INTERNET OR AT ANY WEBSITE, HUMAN ERROR, OR ANY COMBINATION THEREOF. IF FOR ANY REASON THE CONTEST, OR ANY ELEMENT THEREOF, IS NOT CAPABLE OF RUNNING AS PLANNED, INCLUDING INFECTION BY COMPUTER VIRUS, BUGS, TAMPERING, UNAUTHORIZED INTERVENTION, CHEATING, FRAUD, TECHNICAL FAILURES, OR ANY OTHER CAUSES, TECHNOLOGICAL OR OTHERWISE, WHICH CORRUPT, DISRUPT OR OTHERWISE AFFECT THE ADMINISTRATION, SECURITY, FAIRNESS, INTEGRITY, OR PROPER CONDUCT OF THIS CONTEST, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT IN ITS SOLE
DISCRETION TO CANCEL, TERMINATE, MODIFY OR SUSPEND ANY AND ALL ASPECTS OF THE CONTEST, AND PROCEED IN A MANNER IT DEEMS FAIR REASONABLE AND IN KEEPING WITH THE INTENT OF THE CONTEST, INCLUDING SELECTION OF A POTENTIAL WINNER(S) FROM AMONG ALL ELIGIBLE ENTRIES RECEIVED PRIOR TO SUCH CANCELLATION, TERMINATION, MODIFICATION OR SUSPENSION. SPONSOR FURTHER RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY ANY INDIVIDUAL IT SUSPECTS, IN ITS SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION, TO BE TAMPERING WITH THE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM AND SEEK PROSECUTION OF ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW.
6. INDEMNIFICATION: CONTEST WINNERS AGREE, BY ACCEPTING A PRIZE TO RELEASE, DISCHARGE, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, AND ITS PARENT COMPANY, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, DISTRIBUTORS, RETAILERS, WEB DEVELOPMENT COMPANIES, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTIONAL AGENCIES, PROMOTION AGENCIES, TWITTER, AND ANY OTHER PERSONS OR ENTITIES PARTICIPATING IN THE DESIGN, ADMINISTRATION OR FULFILLMENT OF THIS CONTEST AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY “RELEASED PARTIES”) FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY THREATENED OR ACTUAL INJURIES, LOSS, COSTS, SETTLEMENTS (WHETHER OR NOT LITIGATION IS COMMENCED), OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO ANY PERSON, INCLUDING DEATH OR DISABILITY, AND PROPERTY, ARISING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST OR ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF THE PRIZE, PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONTEST - RELATED ACTIVITY WHETHER HOSTED BY SPONSOR OR A THIRD PARTY OR INABILITY TO PARTICIPATE IN PARTS THEREOF INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, CLAIMS, SUITS, INJURIES, LOSSES AND DAMAGES RELATED TO PERSONAL INJURIES, DEATH, DAMAGE TO OR DESTRUCTION OF PROPERTY, RIGHTS OF PUBLICITY OR PRIVACY, DEFAMATION OR PORTRAYAL IN A FALSE LIGHT (WHETHER INTENTIONAL OR UNINTENTIONAL), WHETHER UNDER A THEORY OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), WARRANTY OR OTHER THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF ONE OR MORE OF THE RELEASED PARTIES. INDIVIDUALS COVENANT NOT TO SUE ANY RELEASED PARTY OR CAUSE THEM TO BE SUED REGARDING ANY MATTER RELEASED ABOVE; AND FURTHER COVENANT NOT TO DISAFFIRM, LIMIT OR RESCIND THIS RELEASE. A WAIVER BY SPONSOR OF ANY TERM IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A WAIVER OF ANY OTHER PROVISION.
7. GOVERNING LAW; DISPUTES: Any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or the Prize award shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United
States District Court in Houston, Texas; and in addition to the limitations in Section 7 of these Official Rules, any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys’ fees. Except where prohibited by law, all issues concerning the construction, validity and enforcement of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the participant and Sponsor, shall be construed and governed by the laws of the State of Texas, without regard to conflicts of law rules.
9. GENERAL: By participating in the Contest, Entrant agrees to these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all matters and all respects relating to this Contest. Entrants waive any right to claim ambiguity in these Official Rules. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a Winner based on an e-mail address, the winning entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Potential Winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. This Contest is void outside of the 50 United States/District of Columbia/Canada (excluding Quebec) and wherever else prohibited or restricted by law. All entries and/or materials submitted become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
10. SPONSOR: SOPUS Products, P.O. Box 4427, Houston, Texas 77210-4427.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
All currency conversions are based on the exchange rate as of August 31, 2016.
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter.
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Formula
One Licensing BV, or any other Formula One group company.
© 2016 SOPUS Products. All rights reserved.