SEMA Toolbox Sweeps
2016 SHELL LUBRICANTS AND CRAFTSMAN® SOCIAL SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
OPEN TO ELIGIBLE LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES/ DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA/ CANADA WHO ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD OR, FOR CANADIAN RESIDENTS, THE LEGAL AGE OF MAJORITY IN HIS OR HER CANADIAN PROVINCE/TERRITORY OF LEGAL RESIDENCE, WHICHEVER IS GREATER, AS OF THE DATE OF ENTRY AND MEET THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS STATED BELOW.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: “2016 Shell Lubricants and Craftsman® Social Sweepstakes” (“Sweepstakes”) is open only to individuals who are legal residents of, and residing within the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia) and Canada (excluding Quebec), are at least eighteen (18) years old (or the legal age of majority in his or her Canadian province/territory of legal residence, whichever is greater) at the time of entry. A person who is eligible to enter the Sweepstakes under this Rule 1 will be referred to as an “Entrant.” Employees of SOPUS Products (“Sponsor”) and its parent, affiliates and subsidiaries, participating advertising and promotion agencies, including but not limited to Mercury Promotions & Fulfillment, Bazaarvoice, Inc., and those entities involved in the preparation of materials for, administration and/or execution of this Sweepstakes (collectively “Sweepstakes Entities”) and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child or sibling) and/or those living in the same household (whether or not related) are ineligible. Pennzoil® and Quaker State® are each referred to herein as “Brand.”
2. HOW TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES: The Sweepstakes starts 12:00 A.M. (midnight) Central Time (“CT”) on December 21, 2016, and ends at 11:59 P.M. CT on December 31, 2016 (“Sweepstakes Period”).
A. Online: To enter the Sweepstakes online, a US Entrant must logon to the US Pennzoil website, http://www.pennzoil.com/en_us/promotions/special-offers/promotion-6.html or the US Quaker State website, http://www.quakerstate.com/en_us/promotions/special-offers/promotion-2.html, while a Canadian Entrant must logon to the Canadian Pennzoil website, http://www.pennzoil.com/en_ca/promotions/special-offers/promotion-6.html or the Canadian Quaker State website, http://www.quakerstate.com/en_ca/promotions/special-offers/promotion-2.html (each a “Website”). While on a Website, the Entrant must click on the “Write Review” button on a product. The Entrant must then rate the product, complete by entering a title for his/her review, write his/her review and answer a series of questions about the product. After completing the review and questions, the Entrant must answer a series of questions about himself/herself which may include the following: nickname, location, email address, age, gender, ethnicity, and oil change preferences. The Entrant must then check the box agreeing to these Official Rules. Upon completing the review and answering the questions on the Website (a “Completed Review”), the Entrant will receive one (1) entry (an “Entry”) into the drawing for that Website’s Brand. US Entrants may only use the US Websites to enter and Canadian residents may only use the Canadian Websites to enter so each 2 person may only enter the Sweepstakes twice, once per each Brand. The Sweepstakes consists of two (2) drawings as set forth in Rule 3, one (1) for each Brand. All US Entries and Canadian Entries for each Brand will be placed in the same drawing. One (1) Prize per Brand.
An Entrant may submit an unlimited number of Completed Reviews but only the Entrant’s first Completed Review for each Brand’s Website (either US or Canadian depending on the Entrant’s residency) during the Sweepstakes Period will count as an Entry into the Sweepstakes. Therefore, an Entrant may not have more than two (2) Entries into the Sweepstakes, one (1) Entry per Brand.
The product the Entrant reviews does not have to be one that an Entrant has purchased, but an honest feedback and/or opinion is required. Reviews must include the words “Sweepstakes entry,” and must not be indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, or libelous or contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, or contain material that is unlawful in any way.
Message & Data Rates may apply to each message sent or received using a mobile device. Other charges may also apply. Entrant should check their mobile plan for rates and other details. Once a review has been entered into the Sweepstakes, it may not be deleted, edited or modified by Entrant.
B. Alternative entry: If an Entrant does not want to provide a product review as set forth in Rule 2A, an Entrant may alternatively mail a 3” x 5” card with complete name, address, city, state, ZIP code, daytime phone number, e-mail address, date of birth, and write in one of the following Brands: “Pennzoil®” or “Quaker State®” to “2016 Shell Lubricants and Craftsman® Social Sweepstakes”, P.O. Box 809004, Houston, TX 77280-9921. Mailed Entries must be post-marked by 11:59:59 P.M. CT on December 31, 2016 and received no later than 11:59 P.M. CT January 9, 2017 to receive an Entry into the Sweepstakes. All Entries must be completed in full with accurate information. All entries must be hand written and legible. Illegible, incomplete, inaccurate, lost, late, misdirected, stolen, delayed, damaged, postage due, machine printed, typewritten or mechanically reproduced entries will not be accepted. An Entrant’s submission of an Entry by mail certifies that he/she (i) has satisfied the eligibility requirements, and (ii) has read and complied with all of the Official Rules of this Sweepstakes and agree to be bound by these Official Rules. An Entrant will receive (1) Entry per Brand by completing a mail-in as set forth in herein.
Limit: Regardless of the method of entry used in Rule 2A or Rule 2B, an Entrant may only receive two (2) Entries into the Sweepstakes during the entire Sweepstakes Period, one (1) per Brand.
3. RANDOM DRAWINGS: On or about January 10, 2017, Sponsor (or its authorized representative), will conduct random drawings to randomly select one (1) potential Sweepstakes winner (“Potential Winner”) from among all of the eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period for each Brand. Therefore, there will be a total of two (2) potential Sweepstakes Winners in this Sweepstakes, one (1) each from the Pennzoil® and Quaker State® Brands. Entrants should regularly check their spam filters and voice mail messages to ensure they do not contain any Sweepstakes notifications. Failure to promptly respond to Sponsor’s notification may result in forfeiture of the prize and selection of an alternate Potential Winner.
Each Potential Winner will be contacted by e-mail using the e-mail address used by the Entrant when on his/her mail in entry to notify him/her that he/she has have been selected as a Potential Winner and to verify eligibility and compliance. A Potential Winner must reply as instructed in the notification message and respond as requested. Entrants agree that the Sponsor has the sole right to decide in 3 all matters and disputes arising from this Sweepstakes and that its decisions shall be final and binding in all matters pertaining to this Sweepstakes. After a Potential Winner has been deemed eligible and compliant by Sponsor, the Potential Winner will be awarded the Prize (“Winner”).
4. PRIZE: Each Winner will receive as his/her prize a red Craftsman 3-Drawer Portable Toolbox autographed by guests and visitors to the Shell Live Stage at the 2016 SEMA Show including John Hennessey, Tommy Pike, Jeff Allan, Sung Kang, and others (the “Prize”). Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each Prize is $599.00 USD/ $805.30 CAD. ARV of all Prizes in this Sweepstakes is $1,198.00 USD/ $1,610.60 CAD.
If a selected Potential Winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules; or declines to accept the Prize; or Sponsor or administrator is unable to contact a Potential Winner, the Prize will be forfeited, and the Sponsor will award the Prize to an alternate Winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries in the same Brand. Each Potential Winner may be required to furnish proof of identification and other proof of eligibility under these Official Rules. Allow 6-8 weeks after the end of the Sweepstakes Period for delivery of the Prize.
The Prize is not redeemable for cash nor is it transferable, assignable or substitutable, in whole or in part, except by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, with one of equal or greater value.
Limit: Only one (1) Prize per person or household.
Odds of winning: Odds of winning a Prize depend on the number of eligible Entries received in each Brand drawing. There will be only two (2) Prizes awarded in connection with this Sweepstakes. Lost or stolen prizes will not be replaced. A Prize does not include any other item or expense not specifically described in these Official Rules, and any such additional expenses are the sole responsibility of Winner. A Prize may not be transferred or assigned. Only the listed Prize will be awarded and no other prizing or substitutions will be made except at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Winner agrees to accept the Prize "as is", and Entrants hereby acknowledge that Sweepstakes Entities have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to a Prize, including express warranties (if any) provided exclusively by a Prize supplier that are sent along with the Prize. Any valuation of a Prize stated above is based on available information provided to Sponsor and the value of any Prize awarded to a Winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes. Winner must provide Sponsor with a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded.
All federal, state and local taxes, if any, on a Prize are Winner’s sole responsibility.
Any depiction of a Prize or any element thereof in promotional and advertising materials in connection with the Sweepstakes is for illustrative purposes only and may not be the actual Prize awarded.
For Canadian residents only: To be declared a Winner, each Potential Winner must answer correctly without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical, electronic or otherwise, a mathematical skill-testing question which must be answered correctly before a Potential Winner is declared to be a Winner.
5. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY/INTERNET: SPONSOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY TYPOGRAPHICAL, PRINTING, HUMAN OR OTHER ERROR INVOLVED OR RELATING TO THE ADMINISTRATION OF OR ASSOCIATED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, THE SELECTION OF THE WINNERS OR THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE PRIZE. IN NO EVENT WILL MORE PRIZES BE AWARDED THAN ARE STATED IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES. ADDITIONALLY, SPONSOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ERRORS RESULTING IN OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATIONS OR TRANSMISSION, THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATIONS OF SWEEPSTAKES MATERIALS, OR FOR TECHNICAL, NETWORK, TELEPHONE EQUIPMENT, ELECTRONIC, COMPUTER, HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE, TELEPHONE OR OTHER COMMUNICATIONS, INCOMPATIBILITY, MALFUNCTIONS OR LIMITATIONS OF ANY KIND, OR INACCURATE TRANSMISSIONS OF OR FAILURE TO RECEIVE INFORMATION BY SPONSOR ON ACCOUNT OF TECHNICAL PROBLEMS, LOST OR UNAVAILABLE NETWORK CONNECTIONS, TELEPHONE CONNECTIONS, WIRELESS DEVICE CONNECTIONS OR TRAFFIC CONGESTION ON THE INTERNET OR AT ANY WEBSITE, HUMAN ERROR, OR ANY COMBINATION THEREOF. IF FOR ANY REASON THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY ELEMENT THEREOF, IS NOT CAPABLE OF RUNNING AS PLANNED, INCLUDING INFECTION BY COMPUTER VIRUS, BUGS, TAMPERING, UNAUTHORIZED INTERVENTION, CHEATING, FRAUD, TECHNICAL FAILURES, OR ANY OTHER CAUSES, TECHNOLOGICAL OR OTHERWISE, WHICH CORRUPT, DISRUPT OR OTHERWISE AFFECT THE ADMINISTRATION, SECURITY, FAIRNESS, INTEGRITY, OR PROPER CONDUCT OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION TO CANCEL, TERMINATE, MODIFY OR SUSPEND ANY AND ALL ASPECTS OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, AND PROCEED IN A MANNER IT DEEMS FAIR REASONABLE AND IN KEEPING WITH THE INTENT OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING SELECTION OF A POTENTIAL WINNER FROM AMONG ALL ELIGIBLE ENTRIES RECEIVED PRIOR TO SUCH CANCELLATION, TERMINATION, MODIFICATION OR SUSPENSION. SPONSOR FURTHER RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY ANY INDIVIDUAL IT SUSPECTS, IN ITS SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION, TO BE TAMPERING WITH THE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM AND SEEK PROSECUTION OF ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW.
6. INDEMNIFICATION: EACH SWEEPSTAKES WINNER AGREES, BY ACCEPTING THE PRIZE TO RELEASE, DISCHARGE, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, AND ITS PARENT COMPANY, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, DISTRIBUTORS, RETAILERS, WEB DEVELOPMENT COMPANIES, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTIONAL AGENCIES, PARTICIPATING DEALERS (AND THEIR PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES), PROMOTION AGENCIES AND ANY OTHER PERSONS OR ENTITIES PARTICIPATING IN THE DESIGN, ADMINISTRATION OR FULFILLMENT OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY “RELEASED PARTIES”) FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY THREATENED OR ACTUAL INJURIES, LOSS, COSTS, SETTLEMENTS (WHETHER OR NOT LITIGATION IS COMMENCED), OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO ANY PERSON, INCLUDING DEATH OR DISABILITY, AND PROPERTY, ARISING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF THE PRIZE, PARTICIPATION IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES - RELATED ACTIVITY WHETHER HOSTED BY SPONSOR OR A THIRD PARTY OR INABILITY TO PARTICIPATE IN PARTS THEREOF INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, CLAIMS, SUITS, INJURIES, LOSSES AND DAMAGES RELATED TO PERSONAL INJURIES, 5 DEATH, DAMAGE TO OR DESTRUCTION OF PROPERTY, RIGHTS OF PUBLICITY OR PRIVACY, DEFAMATION OR PORTRAYAL IN A FALSE LIGHT (WHETHER INTENTIONAL OR UNINTENTIONAL), WHETHER UNDER A THEORY OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), WARRANTY OR OTHER THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF ONE OR MORE OF THE RELEASED PARTIES. INDIVIDUALS COVENANT NOT TO SUE ANY RELEASED PARTY OR CAUSE THEM TO BE SUED REGARDING ANY MATTER RELEASED ABOVE; AND FURTHER COVENANT NOT TO DISAFFIRM, LIMIT OR RESCIND THIS RELEASE. A WAIVER BY SPONSOR OF ANY TERM IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A WAIVER OF ANY OTHER PROVISION.
7. GOVERNING LAW; DISPUTES: Any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or the Prize award shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court in Houston, Texas, USA; and in addition to the limitations in Section 5 of these Official Rules, any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys’ fees. Except where prohibited by law, all issues concerning the construction, validity and enforcement of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the participant and Sponsor, shall be construed and governed by the laws of the State of Texas, USA, without regard to conflicts of law Official Rules.
9. GENERAL: By participating in the Sweepstakes, each Entrant agrees to these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all matters and all respects relating to this Sweepstakes. Entrants waive any right to claim ambiguity in these Official Rules. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a Winner based on an e-mail address, the winning entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. The "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. A potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. This Sweepstakes is void outside of the 50 United States/District of Columbia/Canada, in Quebec, and wherever else prohibited or restricted by law. All entries and/or materials submitted become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
11. WINNERS LIST: For the names of the Prize winners, send a separate self-addressed, sufficiently stamped envelope to: “The 2016 Shell Lubricants and Craftsman® Social Sweepstakes” Winner List, P.O. Box 809004, Houston, TX 77280-9921. Requests must be received by February 28, 2017. Limit one request per person, per household.
12. SPONSOR: SOPUS Products, P.O. Box 4427, Houston, Texas USA 77210-4427.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Bazaarvoice, Inc.
Craftsman is a registered trademark of KCD IP, LLC Craftsman® , which is not a sponsor of nor otherwise affiliated or associated with this Sweepstakes.
All currency conversions as of November 22, 2016.
© 2016 SOPUS Products. All rights reserved.